The Johnson Journal

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Memorial Weekend

We were very privileged to have so much family in town over Memorial Day weekend. My Mom was here, as was my brother Adam, his wife Dawnelle, and their 4 kids. We had such a fun time hanging out together.

One day was spent up in Ogden, where my Mom spent a significant part of her childhood and where my grandmother lived for many years before she passed. My mom, sister and I took the boys to the Dinosaur Park, which was a first for them. Miles was in heaven and Tate was too, as long as someone was holding him. We then did a little shopping at Rainbow Gardens, one of my favorite places to go as a child. It brought back a lot of memories of the summers spent visiting my Grandma. After Rainbow Gardens, we stopped by to place flowers on my grandparent's grave. I never got to meet my Grandpa, but I still miss my Grandma like crazy.

The weekend wouldn't be complete without some summer fun. We had a yummy barbecue, a pool party at my sister's apartment complex, and finally purchased the long begged for trampoline. You can see from the pictures that we had a lot of little "helpers" in the assembly process. Such a fun time together - ready to do it all again soon!




















1 comment:

kayej said...

Love those hungry dinosaurs! I'm sure Miles checked everyone's pronunciation. He keeps me focused. Looks like so much fun. Love Grammy K