The Johnson Journal

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Fun Field Trips

The past couple of months have been filled with some great adventures and we have kept busy exploring fun places around the city. Miles went on three recent field trips with his preschool class, and I was privileged to be able to tag along. First up, we hit Tracy Aviary.






The second field trip involved a tour of the local fire station.










The third field trip took us to a fabulous pumpkin patch in Orem.










We also did our annual Gardner Village visit with friends to see the Witch Festival.






Other recent events include Miles having another karate test. At one of his practices, they let him use the microphone, which he thoroughly enjoyed.



Tate got to join in for some games and had an absolute blast running around with the big kids.



Here is Miles in all of his sparring gear.



And here is Miles with his new green bandanna and eagle patch.



My parents were in town for a brief visit and to help my sister move into her new apartment. She lives just a short drive from me now and I am already enjoying having family so close. It was a crazy weekend getting her moved in, but alas she is finally settled. The boys were in heaven with all of the attention they received and had a fun time.



They were particularly helpful in the moving process.:)



In addition to all of our fun outings, we also spent a little quality time at home. Miles convinced us that we needed to purchase Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs, and so we enjoyed a fun movie and popcorn night. The boys were all really into the movie. Check out their focus.

2 comments:

Lana said...

I enjoyed your blog very much!! I felt like I was along for the ride. What precious grandsons I have. (They also have wonderful parents). I am truely blessed! I miss all of you already. . .:(

Betty said...

Wow, they sure have grown up since our first trip to Gardner Village! So cute :)