The Johnson Journal

Monday, October 11, 2010

Autumn Leaves and Apollo Anton Ohno?

Last night we decided to take a leisurely Sunday drive up the canyon to see the autumn leaves. Miles kept saying that he hadn't seen any red, orange, yellow or brown leaves, only green. The drive was really gorgeous and we finally appeased Miles desire to see leaves that had changed colors.

When we got near the top we got out to walk around a bit, when a car pulled up next to us. Out hopped Apollo Anton Ohno and his girlfriend to take a little nature hike. Scott and I are huge fans, so before we left we drove up the road a bit to where they were walking and asked for a couple of pictures. He was incredibly nice and down to earth and chatted with us for a few minutes. So, forgive the 8 1/2 month, puffy, pregnant picture of me with no makeup and sweats, because I got to meet Apollo.:)




4 comments:

Sherry said...

Melissa - how cool is that to see Apollo - my kids would have died to see him! I am excited to hear good news from your family soon!

Betty said...

Wow! That's so cool. What a fun surprise :)

Angelle said...

That's awesome! Even pregnant there is no way his girlfriend was prettier than you!

angelj44 said...

Ok, I was going to say "Wow" but then I noticed Nicole said "wow." Then I thought I can say "awesome" but Angelle beat me to that one too and then Sherry said "cool." So, I guess the only thing left to say is NEAT! Miss you!