The Johnson Journal

Friday, October 10, 2008

Tate's First Birthday

Well, our little bundle of energy is officially one year old. I really can't believe it has been a year already, although I am thoroughly enjoying him at this stage. Tate has been a real bright spot in our family, such a sweet, loving and fun baby. He lives life full throttle and is very passionate about everything he does.

Here are some of the adorable pictures from his first birthday party. He had a bit of a cold and wasn't feeling too well, but he perked up when he got to literally dive in to his cake. Even with the inevitable sugar rush, he crashed pretty hard when he went to bed. Happy birthday sweetie!









5 comments:

penny said...

What a beautiful cake. Did you make it? I think you should post your cake decorating secrets along with your pumpkin cake recipe, and all those cookie recipes that I salivate over. You are amazing. happy birthday Tate!!!

kayej said...

Now I get it. I need to get to the blog not just the e-mail version. I just scoped back through your fabulous summer of fun. How great to have such a means of memories. You are great to be doing this. How fun! Luv, K

Lana said...

The cake turned out gorgious...what a lucky little boy. The pictures are darling!!! I feel like I was there with you, even though I couldn't be. Thanks for keeping us in the loop and letting us enjoy your families events from a far.
Love you,
Mom

Angelle said...

So dang cute. Love the cake Mel. I also love that you claim not to be creative...the pics prove otherwise. :) Nice job.

Betty said...

Tate is so cute! And I love the cake. What a darling idea.